Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Table Of Contents Is Not Working! How Do I Make A Table Of Contents In Microsoft Word 07 (on Vista)?

How do I make a table of contents in Microsoft Word 07 (on vista)? - table of contents is not working!

I want to create hyperlinks, if I just click on the title and who will take me where I want to go the document. I am working on a comprehensive document, the novel of 300 pages. How do I create a table of contents that will help me navigate my document? PS I know almost nothing about computers so you had to use words I would appreciate it.

3 comments:

The Phlebob said...

Try this:

1. At Click to go to the index.
2. Click the References tab in the Ribbon.
3. Click on the icon Table of Contents.
4. Select Insert Table of Contents at the end of the list.
5. After the preliminary investigation, it can choose options you want on or off, one for leaders of the tab.
6. Click OK.
7. This will insert a TOC field into your document, but that does not mean you see this message:

Mistake! Nothing found.

Do not worry. To make the entries, you must apply heading styles. Title 1, Part 2, Part 3 by default on the index, but you can play, and others. There is even a way in which items that are not marked up.

The index is not updated. You have to tell you that whenever you want:

1. Click on the table and select Update Fields.
2. An updated table of contents onlineshown above.
3. Click the Update button, the entire territory.
4. Click OK.

I hope that helps.

brisray said...

Quite simply, automatically and individually.

Open the reference belt, and then click the "Index". Choose your style and select the type of style used in the text in column headings in the table of contents. You can add, subtract pages, move the lines of what it is and click on the icon of the updated table on the same table of contents of the tape will be rebuilt.

For more information about the type of contents or TOC in Word Help.

Unknown said...

I do not know anything about the contents, but if you say go to the tab "Startup" in MS Word, theres an edit button to the search. you can write something here and you'll find it for you.
Good luck, couldnt feel a lot more support. Good luck.

Post a Comment